Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search the Union List of Serials!
|CDLC's Union List of Serials
|Search for title keywords:
|or library name:
About the Union List of Serials
Welcome to the CDLC Union List of Serials! CDLC's Union List of Serials provides a single point of access to check holdings information for the more than 33,000 serial titles held by CDLC libraries. The Union List of Serials is updated semi-annually with OCLC records that have been input by CDLC and member libraries.
Some search points to note when using the Union List of Serials search page include:
- Click on an institution name to see a complete list of their serial holdings.
- Words of three or fewer characters are not indexed for keyword searching, e.g. a search for 'the new republic' -- without the quotes -- will return everything with 'republic' in the title.
- Double quotes around a phrase will search for that exact phrase, e.g. a search for "the new republic" -- with the quotes -- will return just "The New Republic".
- The asterisk (*) is a wildcard character and only works at the end of a string. Putting an asterisk at the end of a string will return everything beginning with that string.
- No preceding or succeeding title information is available in this product.
Comments or questions about CDLC's Union List of Serials? Please contact Kari Kakeh at CDLC.
History of the Union List of Serials
The Union List of Serials was started in 1962 with contributions from five institutions. The first list published under the auspices of CDLC in 1968 represented holdings of 13 member libraries. A massive project was undertaken in 1981 to convert the paper files to MARC bibliographic records using the CONSER database in the OCLC online catalog. Online Local Data Records were created for serials holdings of 47 CDLC members, and in 1984 the first offline issue of the union list was produced and distributed from this file in microfiche format.
A new offline issue was distributed yearly, slowly but steadily growing in size as more special collections and categories of serial records were included. Additions, deletions, and changes were made online to maintain an up-to-date database.
The CD-ROM publication of CDLC’s union catalog (CaDiLaC) in 1990 moved the ULS up a step in format. The supplement issued in 1991 provided the ULS as a separate file in CaDiLaC and greatly increased its usefulness to the region. In 2001 the CDLC Union List of Serials became available online via CaDiLaC. Changes made by OCLC several years later meant that the ULS on OCLC and the ULS on CaDiLaC had to be updated separately, requiring a major commitment of staff time. After funding for the project was reduced in 2009, the decision was made to maintain only the ULS on OCLC. Serials information for the region can be found in the OCLC ULS (code ULCDKU) or in the individual member library catalogs.
- Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Albany Institute of History & Art
- Albany Law School
- Albany Medical College
- AMRI (Albany Molecular Research, Inc.)
- Capital District Library Council
- Capital Region BOCES
- College St. Rose
- Ellis Hospital
- Fulton-Montgomery Community College
- Glens Falls Hospital
- Hamilton-Fulton-Montgomery School Library System
- Hudson Valley Community College
- Irish American Heritage Museum
- Maria College
- Mildred Elley
- Mohawk Valley Library System
- Nathan Littauer Hospital
- NYS Department of Economic Development
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- NYS Department of Health
- NYS Military Museum & Veteran's Research Center
- NYS Nurses Association
- NYS Supreme Court Troy
- Questar III School Library System
- Hart Cluett Museum/Historic Rensselaer County
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Rudolf Steiner Library
- The Sage Colleges
- Samaritan Hospital
- Saratoga Hospital
- Schenectady County Community College
- Schenectady County Historical Society
- Siena College
- Skidmore College
- Southern Adirondack Library System
- St. Mary's Hospital (Amsterdam)
- St. Peter's Hospital
- St. Peter's Hospital College of Nursing
- Sunnyview Hospital
- SUNY Adirondack
- SUNY Cobleskill
- University at Albany
- Union College
- Upper Hudson Library System
- Washington-Saratoga-Warren-Hamilton-Essex School Library System
Plus newspapers from Albany, Fulton, Hamilton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, and Washington Counties.
© 2021 cdlc.org | Capital District Library Council
28 Essex Street | Albany | New York 12206