Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This page contains information and tutorials about the CDLC ILL eForm. It is not the eForm which is located here.
Please click on the tabs at the top to view the tutorials.
CDLC ILL eForm Best Practices
- The ILL eForm is intended for use where access to OCLC or ILLiad is not an available option for either the borrower and/or the lender. For more information on other request options see CDLC ILL Request Options.
- The ILL eForm can be used to request items only from the CDLC libraries listed as ILL eForm participators.
- The ILL eForm may only be sent to one library at a time.
- There is no charge to use the ILL eForm.
- You should update your ILL Directory profile regularly.
- Please refer to the Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States for a detailed description of ILL standards.
You are Sending an ILL eForm
- Always specify type: loan or copy.
- eBooks are not lendable.
- Make sure to check that the item being requested is currently available.
- This information can be obtained by clicking on the institution's name, which will take you to the catalog.
- FILL IN AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE to make sure you get the right item. (ie. article titles, vol/issue no, page numbers, call number)
- The Notes and Borrower Contact Info fields are optional.
- Please note the Borrower Contact Info field is set to the library you are sending the eForm to. For privacy reasons, it is best to not use patron names.
- If no response is received within 4 days, contact the lending library.
- Notify lending library when the item is being sent back.
- Ask for renewals in a timely fashion (before the due date is up).
- The borrowing library is required to follow copyright rules.
You are Filling an ILL eForm
- Lending libraries should reply using the 'Update Status' button to notify the requesting library if their request will be filled within 4 days.
- Send ILL items via the requested delivery method or one that will be faster.
- Send ILL items with a copy of paperwork with clear due date and return label.
- Communicate any special procedures you would like the borrower to follow. (in library use only, no renewals, over dues)
- Keep a record of ILL items loaned via your institutions policies.
- Charging for lending or over dues of an ILL item is not allowed.
- Charging for a replacement copy once the book is lost is allowed. The lending library is responsible for collecting money from the borrowing library.
© 2021 cdlc.org | Capital District Library Council
28 Essex Street | Albany | New York 12206