Skip to main content
Borrowing Using the ILLiad Addon
The Borrowing side of the ILLiad Addon lets you use the CDLC ILL eForm in ILLiad. It is good to take advantage of the use of eForm when looking for items that other CDLC members not on OCLC might hold. Such members include some local public libraries or K-12 schools.
Please Note: ILLiad doesn't track the ILL eForm requests once it is sent. You must keep track of that information from emails or log into the eForm Log to check the status of the request.
Using the Borrowing side of the Addon
PLEASE NOTE: Depending on your institutions workflows you may use the ILLiad Addon differently.
- Open a borrowing request already in ILLiad.
- In the borrowing request click on the 'CDLC eForm Search' tab.
- In CaDiLaC the Addon has auto populated the ISSN/ISBN or Title.
- If no match try and refine search by putting titles in quotes or broadening the search.
- If too many results try to use advance search.
- Results will appear immediately but you should wait for the search to fully load.
- Once you find the correct item you can check out availability by clicking into the full record.
- Clicking on the name of institution takes you into their catalog.
- Click on 'Staff Request' button.
- Should automatically log you into your eForm account but occasionally have to input your eForm Username and Password.
- Check to make sure auto-populated information is correct in the eForm.
- Your institutions address and email at top.
- 'Loan' or 'Photocopy'.
- Manually input information about journal articles etc.
- Please note any 'Borrower Contact Info' is shared with lending library.
- Select library you would like to send the request to.
- Please note you are only sending one request at a time.
- Click 'Submit' Button at bottom of the eForm.
- Make any notes needed in ILLiad about the request. This is not automatically done.
- Should receive status update on request in email with in 4 days.
- If the request is not filled you need to send a new eForm to another library.
Other Videos About the ILLiad Addon
© 2018 cdlc.org | Capital District Library Council
28 Essex Street | Albany | New York 12206
Phone: 518-438-2500 | Fax: 518-438-2872Directions